The Wine Shop
At the entrance of the ancient ageing cellars,
there is the Wine Shop of the Barbi Estate,
with all our Barbi products –
wines, olive oil, grappa and so on –
available to taste and buy and and
where you can find out about
the many activities and events
taking place at the Farm.
Fattoria dei Barbi has a welcoming Wine Shop where all the wines, olive oil, and grappa produced on the Colombini family estate can be tasted and purchased. The products are sold in individual bottles, cartons, wood boxes, or in gift boxes. Fattoria dei Barbi also provides a home delivery service.
The sommeliers in the Wine Shop are prepared to give information to visitors about the production, vinification, and ageing of each wine and to suggest the best food wine pairing.
In addition to the bottles, there are also interesting and intriguing books from the Fattoria dei Barbi book series, including those written by Stefano Cinelli Colombini about the history of Montalcino and those written by his mother, Signora Francesca, about the cooking legacy of Nonna Elina, whose recipes have been handed down in the family for generations and are on the menu in the Taverna, as well as books about the social and family history of the Montalcino territory and the Fattoria.
Fattoria dei Barbi Wine Shop is open
- From Monday to Friday 10:00 AM – 01:00 PM | 2:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays 10:00 AM – 01:30 PM | 2:30 PM – 5:00 PM
If the door is closed please ring the bell.
- Languages: Italian, English, German and French.
Tasting of a range of our wines can be enjoyed at the wine shop, for a fee.
It is possible to choose between Wine Tastings at the Bar of the Wine Shop, without reservation, and four Wine Tasting Suggestions, by reservation (at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone number: + 39 577 841111 | Saturday and Sunday +39 577 841205 – Fax +39 577 841112):
- An Introduction to Brunello: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna del Fiore | € 18,00
- His Majesty Il Brunello: Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna del Fiore, Brunello di Montalcino Riserva DOCG | € 32,00
- The Two Versions of Sangiovese: Morellino di Scansano DOCG, Maremma Toscana DOC, Rosso di Montalcino DOC, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG | € 15,00
- Grand Tour of The Estate: Brusco dei Barbi IGT Toscana Rosso, Birbone IGT Toscana Rosso, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG, Brunello di Montalcino DOCG Vigna del Fiore | € 23,00
A tasting of our cold cuts and cheese can be added to the wine tasting:
- Tuscan Snack: Tasting of cold cuts and cheese of Fattoria dei Barbi and Tuscan bread | € 10,00 (to be added to the tasting)
For information >> Tours and Tastings >>
For reservation please apply to
the Hospitality Office | Fattoria dei Barbi
Loc. Podernovi, 170 | Strada Consorziale dei Barbi
53024 Montalcino (SI)
Tel. +39 577 841111 | Saturday and Sunday +39 577 841205
Fax +39 577 841112