The Historical Cellars
The Historical Ageing Cellars
At Fattoria dei Barbi, the historical ageing cellars can be visited on a tour among the over 300 big barrels and thousands of bottles of Brunello di Montalcino, in order to understand the various phases in the vinification process, the techniques and secrets of ageing wine as well as the history of Brunello and of Fattoria dei Barbi.
The Barbi Cellar has been open to the public for over 70 years. In this period, over one and a half million wine lovers have visited its rooms, admiring, among other things, the collection of bottles that date from 1870 to the present day, confirming a legacy that makes Barbi unique among other wineries in Italy.
The Cellar starts in the Bruscone Room, and, in a succession of rooms with evocative and suggestive names (Garden Room, Bottoni Room, Billiard Room, Grape Room, Fresco Room, etc.), on different floors featuring old photographs and frescoes, guests are guided through the centuries-old history that links the Colombini family to Montalcino and Brunello with its great Slavonian oak barrels where the wine, in utmost silence rests for years to finally arrive in the Stanze delle Bottiglierie, where the collection of historical bottles and of the winemaking production of Fattoria from 1870 to date is stored. These are the oldest bottles of wine in Montalcino and the most complete wine collection in Italy.
Guided Cellar Tours are carried out every day, from 11:00AM, from 12:00, and from 3:00PM, and last about 40 minutes. For the tour reservation request advanced (please send an email to email@example.com or phone at +39 577 841111 | +39 577 841205 (wineshop) – Fax: +39 577 841112)
Languages spoken: Italian, English and French.
Price per adult € 5,00 (children, guides and drivers free of charge), the tour does not include the tasting.
The Wine Shop of Fattoria dei Barbi is open:
- From Monday to Sunday (Bank Holidays included): 11AM – 1.30PM | 2.30PM – 5PM. Advance reservation required (please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at +39 577 841111 | +39 577 841205 (wineshop) – Fax: +39 577 841112)
- If the door is closed please ring the bell.
- Languages spoken: Italian, English and French.
- Tasting of a range of our wines can be enjoyed at the wine shop, for a fee: you can always choose between various wines all served by the glass at the Bar of the Wine Shop without reservation.
- Guided Cellar Tours at 11:00AM, at noon, and at 3:00PM. Advance reservation required (please send an email to email@example.com or phone at +39 577 841111 | +39 577 841205 (wineshop) – Fax: +39 577 841112)
- The Restaurant Taverna dei Barbi | www.tavernadeibarbi.com is open for lunch and dinner. For information and reservation please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org | Tel: +39 577 847143 – Fax: +39 577 841112
- The Museum of Brunello | www.museodelbrunello.it: the opening time of the Brunello Museum is same as the opening time of Fattoria dei Barbi Wine Shop. Advance reservation required (please send an email to email@example.com or phone at +39 577 841111 | +39 577 841205 (wineshop) – Fax: +39 577 841112)
For information and reservation>> Tours and Tastings >>
For information and reservation, please apply to the Hospitality Office
Tel. +39 577 841111 | +39 577 841205 (Wine Shop) – Fax +39 577 841112